In view of the current sanitary context, Senegal, like most countries, requires a negative test for Covid-19. The traveller must be able to present an official document attesting to the negative result of the RT- PCR-COVID-19 test dating back less than five (5) days or a "health pass" duly issued by the competent services.
To protect ourselves from Covid 19 :
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or, failing that, use a hydroalcoholic solution
- Wear a clean mask covering the nose and mouth
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 1 metre from each other
- Go to a health facility to be screened in case of fever, cough, sore throat or aches
- Get vaccinated against Covid19
Arrival at the airport:
- the "health pass" attesting to your complete vaccination at least 15 days before your trip. Only vaccines approved by the World Health Organization are accepted, namely: Pfizer BioNTech, Astrazenecca-SK Bio, Serum Institute of India, Astra Zenaca (EU), Janssen, Moderna, Sinopharm, Sinovac;
- negative RTP-PCR test less than five days old
- Respect the instructions put in place at the airport to fight against the Coronavirus
- At the Conference Centre :
- Wearing a mask is mandatory in transport, in the hotels and in the conference centre (including in the meeting room during the sessions).
- Respect the rules of physical distancing and regular use of hydro-alcoholic solution (available in several points of the Conference Centre);
- If you feel any signs, please call the SAMU National on 773321451; two advanced medical posts will be available and two ambulances pre-positioned
On return to your home country:
- Before your departure, please check the rules in force for taking the plane as well as the rules for returning to your country of origin (information that can be checked with the airline that is transporting you, the Senegalese diplomatic representations and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of your country of residence).
- Covid 19 RTP-PCR tests will be available at your expense. The IRESSEF laboratory will set up two sampling sites at the Abdou Diouf International Conference Centre with the possibility of paying by credit card.
- Please consult the following sites for updates:
Due to the constant evolution of the pandemic in the world, this information is only a warning and does not engage the responsibility of the Forum organization
The Ministry of Water and Sanitation, the Executive Secretariat of the 9th World Water Forum, in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Social Action, wishes you a safe stay in Senegal and a peaceful return home!
Together for a safe Forum, without risk of contamination and spread of the Coronavirus.